When does this policy apply?
This policy applies to the personal data that FFC collects and holds about you when you use its official websites and/or other services. FFC’s websites and services include:
- The Official Fulham FC Website at www.fulhamfc.com;
- The Fulham Football Club Official Online Store at www.fulhamdirect.fulhamfc.com;
- The Fulham Football Club Online Ticket Office at www.eticketing.co.uk/fulhamfc;
- The Fulham Football Club Events page at www.cravencottageevents.com;
- fulhamfctv at www.fulhamfc.com/fulhamfctv;
(together the "FFC Official Websites")
- The Official Fulham FC App;
- The Fulham Stadium Store at Stevenage Road, London SW6 6HH; and
- The Official Fulham FC Telephone Sales Line, on 0203 871 0810.
What types of personal data do we hold?
Information we hold about you may include any one or more of the following types of data:
• Account information: When you register to use or engage with any of FFC’s goods and/or services, the minimum information we will usually ask you to provide is your name, email address, country of residence, telephone number, and year of birth. We may also ask you for additional information depending on the service you are registering to use.
• Transactional information: When you purchase tickets(including where tickets are purchased through FFC’s official third party ticketing provider from time-to-time), merchandise and other products from FFC Official Websites or any other official offline sales channels, we will keep a record of your transaction, including what you purchased and when, and any information you provide to us to fulfil the transaction. This may include your name, billing information, telephone number, and delivery address. We will not keep payment card information, except for the last four digits of your payment card number which we keep in case there are any payment disputes or we need to issue a refund.
• Information you provide to us in response to a survey: We may occasionally contact you to ask for your feedback on FFC products, goods and/or services so that we can make them better and more relevant.
• Information you post online: We may hold and use information and/or user generated content which you post on FFC Official Websites and/or the Official Fulham FC App.
• Information from other companies: We may use publicly available postal address lists and the edited electoral roll to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate or we may use this information, together with general market research information (for example, demographic information) to add to and enhance our fan database.
The purposes for which we use your information
• Contract performance: FFC may use account information and transactional information data, as necessary, to carry out or perform any contract which you may have entered into with us, including contracts for the purchase of tickets, merchandise and other products, but also our contracts with you when we operate competitions, prize draws and promotions and when we administer your online accounts. We also use this information to communicate with you and handle your enquiries regarding these contracts. If you order FFC goods, products or services for another person (for example, match tickets for family or friends) we may ask you for their personal information and we will use this to provide the services you have ordered. Please ensure that you have their permission before providing this information to FFC.
• Recruitment: If you apply for a job with FFC we may use your information for the purposes of recruitment and selection, corresponding with you and equal opportunities monitoring.
• Legal obligations: FFC retains records of all of its financial transactions with you in order to comply with its legal obligations to maintain adequate accounting records. FFC may use (and disclose) the information it holds about you in order to comply with any investigative demand, court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency.
• Marketing with your consent: If you consent to it, FFC may contact you with news and offers from FFC and its official sponsors and partners (an up-to-date list of which is at www.fulhamfc.com/sponsorship/sponsors) which we think may be of interest to you. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. If you would like to unsubscribe now, please contact email@example.com
• Other legitimate purposes: FFC analyses information it holds about you to identify trends and preferences and to get a more informed picture of how FFC fans are using its products and services. FFC does this to make better strategic decisions about FFC and its products and services so that it can improve the way it markets and provides products to you as an individual and to FFC’s fan base generally, in particular by delivering content and services which are customised and relevant. FFC may also use online usage information to administer and improve the function and content of the FFC Official Websites and the Official Fulham FC App including to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device and browser, to allow you to participate in interactive features when you choose to do so and [to keep our online services safe and secure.
Disclosure of your information
• Group companies: Information held by FFC may be used by both Fulham Football Club Limited and Fulham Football Club Foundation for the purposes set out in this policy.
• Sponsors and partners: FFC does not share your personal data with our sponsors and partners, but we may: (i) share aggregate/anonymised information which is based on this information with existing and potential sponsors and partners; and (ii) if you have consented to the same, send you information about the products and services of our existing partners in our marketing communications.
• Disclosures for legal reasons: FFC may also disclose the information it holds about you to those persons that have a reasonable need to know such information, if it believes in good faith that this is necessary to: (i) establish, exercise or enforce its legal rights, including contractual rights; (ii) to defend itself against a legal claim; (iii) report a crime or prevent a crime (for example ticket touting); (iv) prevent harm to any individual or any property (including intellectual property, for example if you misuse images or videos or any other content FFC makes available to you); or (iv) to prevent fraud (for example, payment card fraud) or for credit risk reduction.
• Business transfer: If FFC sells or buys any business or assets, your personal data may be disclosed to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets so that they can carry out due diligence in respect of the sale or purchase, but only if FFC has taken reasonable steps to ensure the security and confidentiality of that information. If FFC (or substantially all of its assets) is acquired by a third party, personal data held about fans or users of its goods, products or services will be one of the transferred assets.
How long do we keep your information?
• its financial transactions with you for six years in order to comply with its obligations to maintain adequate accounting records;
• its contracts with you for six years so that it has appropriate evidence in place if there is a claim for breach of contract made within the statutory limitation periods;
• job applications for up to six months in case other suitable opportunities arise;
• your account information until you close or delete your account/profile (at which point we would also delete any information from other companies or market research which we have appended to your account/profile);
• any market research we have undertaken (and which is not appended to your user account) for 3 years;
• any other information you post online for 3 years if it is on FFC Official Websites; and
• online usage information for 3 years.
If any information falls into more than one category then the longer storage period will apply.
You have the right under applicable data protection laws to access information held about you and you can do so by contacting us using the details provided below in this policy. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with applicable data protection laws. Any access request will be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
You have several rights under applicable data protection laws, which we’ve summarised below. These rights can be exercised by contacting FFC using the details given below in this policy.
You have the right to:
• ask us not to process your personal data for direct marketing purposes;
• request access to personal information held about you and a copy of it;
• obtain, without undue delay, the rectification of inaccurate or incomplete personal data;
• obtain, without undue delay, erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances, for example if FFC’s processing of your personal data is no longer necessary for the purpose for which we collected it;
• restrict the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances rather than having it erased;
• object to the processing of, personal data in certain circumstances, for example, where FFC’s processes personal data for legitimate purposes but you do not feel that your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms have been protected;
• receive personal data, which you have provided to FFC, in a structured, commonly-used and machine-readable format and transmit that personal data to another data controller, or have FFC do so on your behalf where technically feasible;
• be informed about any use of your personal data to make automated decisions about you, and to obtain meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and the envisaged consequences of this processing; and
• lodge a complaint about the way in which your personal data is being used to a supervisory authority.
Our business and the competitions, products and services we provide from time-to-time are not specifically targeted at children, but we appreciate that many children are fans of football and/or sport generally. We would therefore ask that parents and guardians supervise their children when they are online and that children under 18 do not submit personal information or content to FFC, make purchases of FFC goods, products or services, or take part in FFC promotions or competitions, without the consent of their parent or guardian.
How you can contact us
If you would like to contact FFC about this policy or any of the legal rights outlined in it, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to FFC at Motspur Park Training Ground, New Malden, Surrey, KT3 6PT.