Don't Risk It Book Official
Official Or Unofficial – Which Is Which?
There are various companies that offer tickets and/ or unofficial hospitality packages to matches held at Twickenham Stadium. However, you may not be aware that if you buy tickets or hospitality from a party who is not authorised by the RFU to sell them, you risk being denied entry with an invalid tickets or not receiving a ticket/ hospitality at all.
The RFU takes the issue of black-market tickets very seriously and is doing everything in its power to curtail the activities of unofficial sales through street touting, unauthorised ticket agencies/ corporate hospitality providers, as well as internet sites such as Viagogo, eBay, Seatwave and Get Me In. Selling tickets through secondary sites at inflated prices is against the RFU terms and conditions.
The RFU ticket terms and conditions allow RFU Affiliated Clubs and Debenture Holders to sell allocated tickets for England internationals on the Ticket Exchange.
England Rugby Hospitality and England Rugby Travel are also official and offer a wide range of Hospitality, Travel & Accommodation packages. Revenue generated by these two entities directly help the growth of our sport.
Reasons To Book Official:
- You are guaranteed official match day tickets
- It is against RFU policy to sell tickets above face value
- The RFU does not allocate tickets for major internationals to agents. All tickets to England internationals at Twickenham are sold through this site
- Money from your ticket will be fed back to the RFU to support English rugby at all levels
- Hospitality will take place at a named facility (see our Hospitality & Travel Packages page for details) close to the stadium and not in some location miles from the stadium
- Quality of service – booking official guarantees you first class facilities, service and cuisine
- Peace of mind – you and your guests will not be let down
- Hospitality will take place within Twickenham Stadium and not in some location close to or miles from the stadium.
Tickets For Sale On The Internet
The RFU duplicates lost or stolen tickets for match-day collection. Once a duplicate has been issued, the original ticket becomes invalid. Tickets for sale on unofficial websites are likely to have been reported lost or stolen by the club or the original recipient and will be void. Anyone considering buying tickets from the internet runs the risk of being unable to access the stadium on match day if the ticket has been duplicated.
Society of Ticketing Agents & Retailers (STAR)
The RFU, alongside the FA, have become the first sporting organisations to join STAR, the self regulatory body for the ticket industry.
Charged with promoting excellent service and good practice throughout the ticketing industry, STAR members work to a strict code of practice that includes promoting clear information for the ticket-buying public. STAR also operates an approved dispute resolution service to help customers quickly resolve outstanding complaints.
For more information on STAR please visit their website at www.star.org.uk.